Coaching With Non-Profits and Churches
Church health is our primary goal in working with pastors, leadership teams, and congregations. Our strong conviction is that church growth follows church health. Nature teaches us that healthy things grow. Therefore, we bring a ‘coach approach’ to lead and staff pastoral transitions, facility sales and acquisitions, leadership conflict, and systems creation and management.
The Process consists of an initial on-site interview with the pastor or governing board if there is no pastor in place. This meeting will focus on the current status of the need, resources in place to meet that need and the desired outcomes. During this phase, the following items will be identified:
1. The Primary Challenge/Conflict/Opportunity
2. The Major Players and their positions
3. Immediate hurdles or barriers to address
4. Financial realities: current balances, controls, availability of funds, identity of signers
5. Governance challenges: constitutional issues, power/authority flow
6. A plan for the most obvious first WIN
7. Breadth of impact within the church, district/network, local community
Once these items are identified, Clearpoint will draw up a contract of services tailored to the situation and upon agreement, establish a timeline, identify stakeholders both inside and outside the congregation, and the immediate next steps. The contractual duration for this unique engagement is usually six months minimum. Standard coaching approaches include:
-Individual , biweekly coaching for primary leaders
-Monthly group coaching around specific timeline priorities
-All church meetings with an action and solutions focus
Investment costs will vary, depending on the size of the church and the participation of other outside judicatory agencies. All travel expenses incurred by the team will be covered in the terms of the agreement.